Apparently it started with Larry Ferlazzo’s “Best of the Year Lists“ but I was inspired to post by Langwitches and Dean Shareski’s recent posts about Top Stuff of 2007. It’s important for me to stress that there are so many apps, tools and various web2.0 resources out there that continue to amaze and delight me and make my role as an educator/motivator more exciting, more exhausting and definitely more rewarding than I could ever hope to put in one list!!
I wish I was as creative as Silvia and Dean when it comes to graphics but thank goodness I have myskitch!
1. VoiceThread – Love the simplicity, love the connectivity, love the interactiveness, love it, love it, love it!
2. Skitch.com This webservice works hand in hand with the Mac application Skitch to give you 1-click uploading of images for fast and fun image sharing (embedding codes provided). What really makes this app awesome is the ease at which you can capture an image, add writing, arrows, etc and embed it just as quickly on your blog/wiki etc.
3. Technospud Online Projects 4 Teachers – I am sure that I would not have forged such amazing online friendships, and been involved in fantastic Collaborative projects if it were not for Jen Wagner and the amazing work that she does for educators of all levels. Now there’s a technospudprojects ning too!
4. Wikispaces – Wikispaces rock! ‘Nuff said!
5. Edublogs / Learnerblogs – I love blogging and truely believe that the value of blogging in the classroom is worth the trials and tribulations of getting students blogging in the classroom. I could not have done it without Edublogs!