A lot of students have been changing their theme this year only to discover that the meta widget (the little widget that helps you log in) has “disappeared!” Well the good news is, it hasn’t actually disappeared and there is a way to get it back.
First, you need to know:
Each theme comes with it’s default widgets – that means all themes start off with certain widgets automatically when you switch to a different theme. Sometimes the default widgets do NOT include a meta widget.
If your meta widget has “disappeared”:
- Type the url of your blog into the address bar: (I’ll use my URL as an example) http://blogs.isb.ac.th/chrissyh
- Add /wp-admin to the end of the url so it now looks like this:
- Click enter/return
You should now be able to log into the backend of your blog.
- Go to Appearance, then widgets
- Find the Meta widget and drag it back onto the sidebar
- Remember to click save
You should be able to see the Meta widget on the frontend of your blog again! See? I told it was easy!
We are learning how to be better commentors on blogs. Here are some thoughts from our class discussion.
- Refer to the facts of the post: Comment on the things that are interesting and new to you
- Make Connections: Relate and compare things you are reading in the post to things that you already know.
- Ask Questions: What about the content of the post is confusing to you? What don’t you understand? Remember that there will ALWAYS be questions in an active thinker’s mind!
- Give Your Opinions: Make judgments about what you are reading. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Like? Dislike? Do you support or oppose anything that you have read? Why?
You could use the following sentence starters below to help you begin your comment
This reminds me of…
This is similar to…
You can relate this to…
I’d like to know…
I’m surprised that…
If I were ________, I would ______________
If __________ then ___________
Although it seems…
I’m not sure that…
Adapted from: Bill Ferriter’s Digitally Speaking
11/11/11. On this day, at 11pm, (US time) the film below is set to be released on YouTube.
By the way … we are truly lucky to have Amy Krouse Rosenthal visiting ISB in the new year! I am very excited to meet her! Click on her name above to access her site.