We believe technology and information are ubiquitous in today’s world and are necessary for our students to become successful global citizens and lifelong learners.
We believe successful global citizens and lifelong learners need to effectively communicate, collaborate and be creative within a wide range of contexts.
We believe today’s successful learners will:
- use technology as a vehicle for lifelong learning in creative and productive ways
- effectively use information literacy skills
- demonstrate digital citizenship
- create new understanding from prior knowledge and experiences
- communicate thinking using technologies appropriate for the audience and task
- collaborate locally and globally
- reflect critically
- demonstrate curiosity, risk taking, flexibility, perseverance, self-reliance, and creativity
We believe technology and information literacy learning happens best when this learning requires them to apply their skills and understanding to deal with real life issues.